We’ve invested in a new van, Bumblebee is still up for sale but I need to crack on and get the new van built before baby number two arrives in March.
So here it is, a long wheel base 2013 Mercedes sprinter, came with side windows which is a bit of a bonus but the rest of the van is empty.
Over the next couple of months I’ll be working on the conversion in the UK and then heading to France for some help from a friend to do all the woodwork and final fix..
So far I’ve stripped out all the ply lining, treated any internal rust and added some sound deadening to panels.
I’ve also removed the bench seat and installed a single passenger seat on a swivel base.
Lastly I’ve made a small start on the insulation.
There is a very long way to go, jobs to do include fitting the LPG system, solar panel, air con unit, maxxair fan, Fiamma awning, bench seat in the rear and leisure battery system all ahead of going to France.
Over the coming weeks I’ll add what I’ve achieved here and slowly begin to archive the content relating to Bumblebee who looks tiny compared to the new van!